Francisco Jardim is Co-founder and Managing Director of venture capital firm, SP Ventures. In the interview we discuss how his firm is capitalizing on the opportunity of agriculture technology investing in Brazil.
Subscribe and listen for free in a podcast app: Apple Podcasts, Android, Stitcher Radio. If you like the show, the best way to support it is with a rating on iTunes or Apple Podcasts by clicking the button below. We really appreciate it and your review will help others find the show.
In this interview, we cover:
- [14:25] History of venture capital in Brazil and why SP Ventures is one of the few investing in agriculture technology investing in Brazil?
- [19:08] Regulatory, entrepreneurship and investing in Brazil. The Good and the Bad.
- [25:17] What to look for in founding teams of agtech companies.
- [43:57] How to approach fundraising strategy when it comes to his portfolio companies.
- [48:43] SP Ventures involved in building new accelerator program Pulse in Brazil for agtech startups.
Links to more on the guest and topics discussed:
- SP Ventures investments
- Brazil’s First Agtech Accelerator Program Pulse Seeking Startups
- NXTP Labs – Premier accelerator in LatAm and partner for Pulse program in Brazil
- TPG ART Invests in Brazilian Digital Ag Startup Solinftec
To share your thoughts and help out the show: